The Junior League of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Incorporated (“JLOC”), is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. JLOC reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism.
JLOC is seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator who will be responsible for all financial reporting and tax return completion for our nonprofit. Duties include: reconciling accounts; preparing internal financial reports; overseeing daily accounting activities; and managing the annual audit. This position reports to the Managing Director and also provides overall administrative and member support and assistance to ensure smooth operations of the nonprofit. The Operations Coordinator works independently with general supervision exercising autonomous judgment and initiative. It is vital this individual maintains a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with nonprofit board members, staff and public while accomplishing duties. This is a dynamic position requiring an individual that adapts quickly to change, including annual planned board leadership transitions. The Operations Coordinator must also respond efficiently to work and project plans, meet deadlines, and support the diverse needs of the nonprofit members. Additional duties may also be assigned and performed to support our engaging and impactful organization and those we serve.
· Microsoft Office Programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word and PowerPoint
· QuickBooks Adobe Acrobat Membership database management software experience preferred
· General office equipment including personal computer and multi-line phone system
· Degreed in Accounting or related field or comparable work experience
· CPA designation preferred, but not required
· 5+ years Accounting/Bookkeeping experience preferred
· Knowledge of non-profit financial management preferred
· Positive attitude and professional appearance
· Able to multitask while maintaining efficiency
· Proactive and able to anticipate needs and issues
· Person of strong character and integrity
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Highly organized and able to establish and maintain office organization
· Use of personal vehicle may be needed on occasion
· Attention to detail
· Customer service oriented
· Able to work independently and as a valuable team member
The Junior League of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those persons meeting the minimum requirements and qualifications will be considered. Not all applicants will be interviewed