The holiday season is here – are you ready? Well, ready or not, it’s time to get yourself prepared for all things holiday at Mistletoe Market at the Cox Convention Center. This is such a special time of year and we want to make sure you’re prepared and ready to make some wonderful memories and tackle that holiday to-do list.
Mistletoe Market is a three-day, one-stop holiday shopping extravaganza featuring unique merchandise from more than 100 carefully selected vendors from Oklahoma and across the country. Shop for clothing, gourmet foods, gifts, children’s items, jewelry, and more during the market – we promise you’ll find everything you need and more!
The Junior League of Oklahoma City sponsored event uses funds raised to support its mission with proceeds going to fund Heath and Wellness community projects.
Thanks to the dollars raised at Mistletoe Market since 1994, JLOC has been able to distribute over $1.5 million to Oklahoma City through funding of these community projects!
With the idea of keeping the funds right here in Oklahoma City, head out to Mistletoe Market with these tips to keep your spirits bright.
- Dress Comfy. Have you ever walked for a while on the concrete floors of the Cox Convention Center? Wear your cushiest running shoes and clothes that will keep you as comfortable as possible as you scout out all of the wonderful vendors and dash to find your next buy!
- Check Out the Special Event Schedule. There are lots of things going on besides shopping with our great vendors. (I know, I know, what could be better than shopping?) We will have a visit from Rumble the Bison, Energy FC, the Oklahoma City Ballet, the Oklahoma City Philharmonic, and will even have Breakfast with Santa! During Mistletoe Market, various school choirs and performers will make appearances to entertain the whole family. On Thursday night we even have a Ladies’ Night Out where you can shop, enjoy dinner, and partake in an instructed floral arrangement class. The special events schedule is located on the Junior League website or you can click the link here: https://www.jloc.org/special-events-schedule/
- Make your list and check it twice. Make a list of who needs to be remembered this holiday season, no matter how big or small the gift. Don’t forget to include items like hostess gifts for parties you’ll attend, a gift for your boss, that last minute gift exchange, or even a few small gifts for surprise visitors. Planning ahead and having a few gifts at the ready will help relieve any extra holiday stress. Think of this list as a guideline. If you see something you just have to have and can’t go without, get it anyway.
- Set a budget. Establish a realistic budget based on your current cash flow and financial obligations. You’ll be happy you did when January rolls around and you’re budgeting for the coming year. Don’t forget to include wrapping paper, holiday cards, and postage. It’s the little things that can turn your budget upside down as quickly as you made it. One tip for sticking to your budget is to use cash and debit cards, when you’re out of money, you’re out of money. This will help prevent falling into the trap of an impulse buy. Stick to your plan!
- Keep your eyes peeled and have fun. Mistletoe Market is so much fun with a group. You can take better advantage of deals when buying multiples of things and you have several opinions. You’ll just have a more fun, memorable time. Take your time and have fun browsing. If nothing else, it’s a great day out with friends and family to get you in the holiday spirit!